You have no items in your cart.
Definition of Biblical terms:
1. Last Days- God’s last message. (Hebrews1:1-2)
2. The end of all things-God’s last chance. (1Peter4:7)
3. The last hour- God’s last test. (1John2:18)
4. The Day of the Lord- God’s last judgment. (2Peter3:10-13)
5. The time of the end- God’s last act. (Daniel12:9)
It is this final term that takes on vital significance for our lives because its fulfillment heralds the soon appearing of Jesus! This also means that we should expect all the “other signs” to be flashing around us.
1. Natural disasters on an unprecedented scale.
2. A global campaign to delegitimize Israel and disinvest her people of Jerusalem. (Zechariah 12)
3. Global conflict on a scale that strikes fear into the hearts of people.
4. The persecution of Christians.
Al l of these signs are recorded in Jesus’ Olivet discourse.
Two important comments:
1. The Christian totally committed to Jesus is secure and peaceful because he/she is undergirded by the presence and sovereignty of God. The devil is not shaking the world, God is!
2. Daniel has warned that an evil entity/being will arise in the end time that will honor a god of war! (Daniel 11:36-39) This war is against all the people “of the Book”, that is, Jews and Christians.
Though the world is moving into difficult times God promises us through the prophet Daniel, “but the people who know their God shall be strong and carry out great exploits.” We are a people of hope and therefore it is crucial for us to know our God and trust that He will continue to use us to carry out great exploits.
This then is no time to “cocoon” or withdraw from the world in fear and anxiety. We must arise and be strengthened spiritually and we must preach the Gospel as never before. As to the former; this is why applying the book of Proverbs to our lives on a daily basis is so important. Christians can only resist the conflict around them to the degree that they have fed and strengthened the “inner man.” (Ephesians3:20-21)
The means of Grace:
“Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.” (Hebrews 10:19-22)
Because we have been justified by the death of Jesus in our place on the cross, we therefore have unhindered access to God our Father, through Jesus, who intercedes for us at the right-hand of glory.
With this view in mind, we should:
1. Draw near to God. (Hebrews 10:22)
2. Stand firm. (Hebrews 10:23)……..and,
3. Fellowship with purpose. (Hebrews 10:24)
We should not underestimate the spiritual conflict that rages around us but equally we should not be intimidated by it. The victory is ours if Jesus is absolutely central to our lives!
©Malcolm Hedding Ministries